I'm having trouble paring down the number of photos, so I'm going to go for shorter captions, more photos. With that in mind, here are the second batch:
Fushimi Inari, early morning
Fushimi Inari
Fushimi Inari
Fox statue, symbol of Fushimi Inari (read wiki article)
Torii
Torii
Torii
Top of the "mountain"
Toufukuji
Zen garden in Toufukuji
Toufukuji
Toufukuji
The word for 2010: "new". Not very original in my opinion. My friend saw them drawing this on TV. She got excited when I showed her the photo.
Kiyomizu
Kiyomizu "love temple area".
Kiyomizu
Kiyomizu jizou, looking very cute.
Love stones. Walk from this one...
To this one, and you're find eternal love. Or something.
Panoramic Kiyomizu. Imagine those trees with red fall leaves! Or sakura in the spring.
Geisha / Maiko, and eager Chinese tourist.
Kiyomizu Lunch (3 types of soba). Very light, very Kyoto.
Tei's set, with matcha tempura
Gochisousama!
Nanzenji
Nanzenji Aquaduct
Nanzenji zen garden
Nanzenji zen garden
Nanzenji zen garden
Nanzenji zen garden
Nanzenji zen garden
Nanzenji zen garden
Kyoto museum (didn't go in)
Tourist photo-op in the late afternoon sun
Part deux
One day, 5 temples / shrines / palaces. Suffice to say, we were tired. More next week! I'm off to school!
No comments:
Post a Comment