Not much adventure today, but I have settled in. Rather than write extensively (and bore everyone to death), I’ll post some pictures and blurbs:
My dorm, Villa 4.
My room. Not much of a view, but too very spacious!
My kitchen. Not very spacious. In fact, I'm trying to figure out where to cut vegetables...
The road on which my dorm is located. Notice the curved street mirror. These are scattered all over the small residential roads and intersections around my dorm. Makes you feel much safer, considering the cars drive fast and there aren't sidewalks. Hey, at least you'll see 'em before they hit you!
Meronpan, so named because it looks like a melon. Not as good as 菠萝包, which uses condensed milk instead of a cookie exterior and tastes more buttery. Meronpan is quite crumble-resistant, however, a technological innovation that Japanese bakers surely spent much time on. After all, crumbs are just plain inefficient and wasteful!
Karepan, filled with delicious golden curry. At once revolting and delicious.
Coke in Japan is both refreshing AND uplifting!
I'm not really sure what this vending machine is vending, but I think they're glass bottles. Probably for healing/mana potions and the like. EDIT: it's cheap sake, according to a friend. Machine is broken, but I hope it's fixed and heated up for winter...
This is a good example of Japanese efficiency. You buy an initial bottle of shampoo which is more expensive because you're also buying the branded bottle. When you run out, you return to purchase cheap refills. I'll get a snapshot of my trash disposal in the future, to show how complicated recycling is... if I can figure it out, that is!
That's it for now. More next week!







No comments:
Post a Comment