Well, here I am after 10 or so days in Japan, and I'm doing fine. Classes have started, and so far everything is review, so I'm cruising along. I'm definitely going to find part-time work-- at least, I'm determined right now-- but the job search doesn't start until I get my "Gaijin Card" or 外国人 card [no comment on xenophobia, yet].
Here are some photos of the past few days:
If you can't see the text on the bottom, it reads: "This is sweet yogurt taste drink. Enjoy a taste and recharge your power." AWESOME!
Karē ramen: curry ramen, only 400 Yen! Noodles were fresh and delicious, broth was just OK. This was at the noodle shop right near school, my first lunch (I've made my own lunch since then).
Karē ramen: curry ramen, only 400 Yen! Noodles were fresh and delicious, broth was just OK. This was at the noodle shop right near school, my first lunch (I've made my own lunch since then).
This Meronpan with chocolate chips was significantly better than the previous one. Label reads, "The Chokochippu Meronpan".
On the far left, there is a stop button, followed by "butt -- waido" which seems to be a wide spray function, "bide", which is obviously bidet, and finally a strength lever. There also are buttons for "massaji" or massage, and movement forwards or back. I didn't experiment, but I plan to. Seriously.
You might need to click for a larger image, but that there is 2 types of toilet paper, one for wiping post bidet (it's thicker, so it won't tear due to *ahem* wetness), the other for normal wiping.
My friend Nina's Tonkatsu set, which came out simmering. The Tonkatsu is on an egg / sauce bed, and on the left is a miso soup chock full of veggies, very savory!
A part of my class rules handout. Although they stress that you can't come to class stinky, at least they provided us with a remedy. I feel like I should note in passing that absolutely EVERYTHING in Japan comes with detailed instructions, even the top of a soda can. Oftentimes, said instructions are accompanied by cute images or cartoon characters. Just another manifestation of "cuteness culture."
Ugh, killed 2 cockroaches today, and one of them was BIG. I'm going to talk to Yamasa about this tomorrow...
How interesting. A public bidet. I'd be interested to know how many people actually bidet themselves in public.
ReplyDelete-Family-Bright
Funny. I took pretty much the same pic of a Japanese toilet when I was leaving Asia.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting toilet. I might like one in my home, but I'd be hesitant to publicly bidet myself.
ReplyDeleteYea, I still haven't plucked up the courage myself. Though it *was* recommended to me by a friend (no names).
ReplyDeleteDid I mention that the seat was heated?