Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kansai Trip: Part 4: Osaka, Himeji, Kobe

Here's the final installment of my Kansai trip. It was much easier to select photos, since, well, Osaka just isn't as full of old, nice looking things as Kyoto. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of neon city-scapes that look like the 80s.

Osaka Castle (大阪城), complete with jumping Chinese tourists

 Dotonbori
Awesome takoyaki in the Americatown. Left was sausage with cheese, right was cheese and tomatoe sauce ("pizza"). I liked these better than "classic" takoyaki.

 Tei bites into an amazing cream puff. The Japanese guy we stayed with in Osaka took us around to some great eats...

Kuidaore Taro (食い倒れ太郎), Dotonburi

Some beautiful garment in the Ukiyo-e museum we went to.

Himeji Castle. The most interesting and least renovated of the three castles that I have been to in Japan.

Himeji Castle from afar.

 Cream puffs in Chinatown, Kobe. Well into our snack attack...

Almond tofu pudding. So good!

 An old British building, part of old Kobe. We didn't enter any, since every single building in the old section of town had an entrance fee. That, and I've seen this stuff in China, not to mention America...

 Kobe skyline at night

 Kobe skyline at night 2

Thus ended our travels. I loved every town, but Osaka is only fun for eating and partying (for those who partake-- we didn't this time around). Kobe would be nice to live in (Mark), and Kyoto, despite the ugly non-traditional stuff, is packed with culture nonetheless and deserves a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment